A naturally occurring mineral sourced from limestone, We use it for its multiple benefits:
- it helps in the remineralisation process, where minerals are replenished in the enamel, making it stronger and more resistant to decay.
- It has a fine & gentle abrasive nature, making it great for our toothpaste.
- It helps remove surface stains, plaque, & food particles from teeth, resulting in a cleaner & brighter smile.
- it acts as a pH buffer, helping to neutralise acid-producing bacteria responsible for tooth decay.
- it can provide relief from tooth hot/cold sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweet stimuli.
- it helps block & seal open dentinal tubules, the microscopic channels that connect the outer layer of the tooth enamel to the inner layer dentin.
- products containing this ingredient are our Eco Natural Toothpaste Tablets & Eco Natural Toothpaste Powder.
With natural whitening properties, we use it as a gentle abrasive in our toothpaste. Its benefits are multiple:
- it has antibacterial properties that can help reduce the accumulation of plaque on teeth. It creates an alkaline environment in the mouth, which inhibits the growth of bacteria responsible for causing bad breath.
- it helps in maintaining a balanced pH level in the mouth. It can neutralise acid produced by bacteria & acidic foods, reducing the risk of tooth decay and enamel erosion.
- due to its ability to neutralise odours, it can help freshen breath by reducing the presence of odour-causing compounds in the mouth.
- products containing this ingredient are our Eco Natural Toothpaste Tablets, Eco Natural Toothpaste Powder & Eco Natural Mouthwash Tablets.
This mineral-rich powder, sourced from natural clay deposits, has different oral care properties:
- it is a mild abrasive that can help remove surface stains, plaque, & debris from teeth. Its gentle nature makes it suitable for those with sensitive teeth or gums.
- Kaolin clay has detoxifying properties that can help draw out impurities & toxins from the mouth.
- it has soothing properties that can help calm irritated gums & provide relief from minor oral discomfort.
- we use this ingredients to make our Eco Natural Toothpaste Tablets.
A natural source of minerals, such as silica, calcium & magnesium, perfect for our oral care application:
- with abrasive properties, it removes surface stains & plaque from teeth.
- the minerals present in it contribute to the remineralisation & strengthening of tooth enamel.
- Diatomaceous earth has absorbent properties that can help in the absorption of bacteria & toxins, potentially aiding in maintaining oral hygiene.
- it has the ability to help balance the pH levels in the mouth. By creating a more alkaline environment,
- it helps combat the growth of acid-producing bacteria that can contribute to tooth decay & gum problems.
- Our product containing this ingredient is our Eco Natural Toothpaste Powder
Dicalcium phosphate provides a source of calcium and phosphate ions, which are essential minerals for tooth enamel.
- It helps in the remineralization process by replenishing and strengthening tooth enamel, making it more resistant to acid attacks and tooth decay.
- Tooth sensitivity relief: Dicalcium phosphate can help reduce tooth sensitivity. It forms a protective layer over exposed dentinal tubules, which are tiny channels that connect the outer layer of the tooth (enamel) to the inner layer (dentin). By blocking these tubules, dicalcium phosphate helps reduce the transmission of external stimuli, such as hot or cold temperatures, to the nerves of the teeth.
- Mild abrasive action: Dicalcium phosphate has a gentle abrasive nature, allowing it to aid in the removal of surface stains, plaque, and food particles from teeth. It contributes to a cleaner and brighter smile without being overly harsh on tooth enamel.
- pH balancing: Dicalcium phosphate helps maintain a balanced pH level in the mouth. It acts as a buffering agent, neutralizing acids produced by bacteria or consumed through acidic foods and drinks. By regulating the pH, it helps create an environment less favorable for the growth of acid-producing bacteria and helps prevent tooth decay.
- Compatibility with fluoride: Dicalcium phosphate can be used in combination with fluoride in oral care products. It enhances the effectiveness of fluoride by promoting its uptake into the tooth enamel and aiding in remineralization.
- Stain removal: Charcoal powder is known for its adsorption properties, which can help remove surface stains from teeth. It may bind to substances like coffee, tea, and wine, lifting them from the tooth surface. However, its effectiveness in long-term stain removal is still under debate.
- Freshening breath: Charcoal powder is often claimed to have deodorizing properties that can help freshen breath. By adsorbing odorous compounds and bacteria, it may provide temporary relief from bad breath. However, its impact on long-term breath freshness is uncertain.
- Teeth whitening: Charcoal powder is sometimes marketed as a natural teeth whitening remedy. However, its abrasive nature raises concerns about potential enamel erosion and tooth sensitivity. There is limited scientific evidence supporting its efficacy as a teeth whitener.
- Potential drawbacks: Charcoal powder's abrasiveness may cause enamel wear and lead to tooth sensitivity if used excessively or with improper brushing technique. Moreover, it may not effectively target bacteria responsible for tooth decay and gum disease.
- Safety considerations: It's crucial to ensure that charcoal powder used for oral care is derived from food-grade sources and not from sources containing harmful additives. Using charcoal powder sparingly and consulting with a dental professional is advised, especially for individuals with existing dental conditions.
- Reduces tooth decay: Xylitol has been shown to help reduce the risk of tooth decay. It is non-fermentable by oral bacteria, meaning that bacteria cannot break it down and produce acid like they do with regular sugars. This reduces the acid production in the mouth, preventing tooth decay and cavities.
- Inhibits bacterial growth: Xylitol has antibacterial properties that can help inhibit the growth of bacteria, particularly Streptococcus mutans, which is a major contributor to tooth decay. By reducing the levels of harmful bacteria in the mouth, xylitol promotes a healthier oral environment.
- Stimulates saliva flow: Xylitol can stimulate saliva production, which is beneficial for oral health. Saliva helps neutralize acids, remineralize tooth enamel, and wash away food particles and bacteria from the mouth, contributing to better oral hygiene.
- Reduces plaque formation: Xylitol has been found to reduce the formation of dental plaque. Plaque is a sticky biofilm that accumulates on teeth and can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. By inhibiting plaque formation, xylitol helps maintain cleaner teeth and gums.
- Sweet taste without raising blood sugar: Xylitol is a sugar substitute that has a sweet taste but does not significantly raise blood sugar levels. This makes it a suitable option for individuals with diabetes or those following a low-sugar or sugar-free diet
- Lemon essential oil: Lemon oil has a refreshing citrus scent and may contribute to oral care in the following ways:
- Thyme essential oil: Thyme oil is known for its strong herbal scent and potential oral care benefits:
- Mint essential oil: Mint oil, commonly derived from peppermint or spearmint, is widely used in oral care due to its refreshing and cooling properties:
- Oil pulling: Coconut oil is commonly used for oil pulling, an ancient practice that involves swishing oil in the mouth for a certain duration (typically 10-20 minutes) and then spitting it out. Oil pulling with coconut oil may offer the following benefits:
- Moisturizing effect: Coconut oil has emollient properties and can provide a moisturizing effect on the gums and oral tissues. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals with dry mouth or oral discomfort.
- Freshening breath: The pleasant aroma and taste of coconut oil can help freshen breath temporarily. However, it's important to note that the long-term impact on breath freshness may vary depending on individual oral health conditions.
- Lipid-based properties: Coconut oil is a lipid-based substance, and some studies suggest that lipid-based substances may have potential benefits in reducing tooth decay. However, more research is needed to understand the specific role of coconut oil in this regard.
- Oil pulling: Sesame oil is commonly used for oil pulling, an ancient practice where oil is swished in the mouth for a designated period (typically 10-20 minutes) and then spit out. Some potential benefits of oil pulling with sesame oil include:
- Moisturizing effect: Sesame oil has emollient properties and can provide a moisturizing effect on the gums and oral tissues. This can be beneficial for individuals with dry mouth or oral discomfort.
- Oral health support: Sesame oil contains vitamins and minerals that can contribute to overall oral health. It may help in maintaining healthy gums and promoting a balanced oral environment.
- Freshening breath: Sesame oil, similar to other oil-based substances, can temporarily freshen breath by masking unpleasant odors.
- Enamel remineralisation: Calcium fluoride is beneficial for promoting the remineralisation of tooth enamel. It helps replenish lost minerals, such as calcium and phosphate, in the enamel. This remineralisation process can help strengthen and repair weakened or demineralised areas of the teeth, making them more resistant to acid attacks and tooth decay.
- Fluoride protection: Fluoride is well-known for its ability to prevent tooth decay. When calcium fluoride comes into contact with saliva or is incorporated into dental products like toothpaste or mouth rinses, it releases fluoride ions. These ions can help strengthen tooth enamel, inhibit the growth of acid-producing bacteria, and enhance the remineralization process.
- Cavity prevention: Calcium fluoride's ability to enhance tooth enamel's resistance to acid attacks can contribute to the prevention of dental cavities. It forms a protective layer on the teeth, making them less susceptible to the damaging effects of acid erosion caused by bacteria and dietary acids.
We add Vitamin E into our products to guarantee stability, without having to use any preservative.
|Sodium Laureth Sulfate||